MEI Security’s InfoSec Industry Certification Study Group
Industry Certification Study Group
Who: MEI Security and You
What: InfoSec Industry Cert Study Group
When: Thursday, 3/1/2018, 6-8PM
Where: 5 Cabot Place, 2nd Floor, Stoughton, MA 02072 USA
Why: “The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates the number of IT security jobs is expected to have increased 18% by 2024, but as (ISC)2 has discovered, there will be nowhere near enough skilled candidates to fill those jobs… Meanwhile, cyber threats get progressively worse, becoming more frequent and damaging. Studies suggest many organizations need to better prepare to address the cybersecurity challenge. For instance, a Crowd Research Partners study released in early 2017 shows 62% of respondents had moderate to no confidence in their security measures.”
• The path to a career in cyber security can vary greatly… Industry certifications are a means of increasing earning potential and are well recognized by employers. All working in or interested in information technology and information security are welcome to attend. The material covered is a benefit to the attendee’s professional and personal life. 18+ please – sorry, it’s an insurance thing.
• The focus is CompTIA’s Security+. A soft copy of the latest study guide can be had via Amazon for ~$10. Local libraries also have study materials available. All material will be projected onto a screen, having an individual copy of the study guide is recommended.
• The prior session covering Chapter 1: Mastering Security Basics will be quickly reviewed. The session will proceed into Chapter 2: Understanding Identity and Access Management.
• An industry certification holder is scheduled to attend each session. Real world examples are provided to add context to concepts. Discussion and Q&A are encouraged.
• The building is handicapped accessible via a ramp at the rear of the building, take the elevator to the 2nd floor. Snacks and beverages are provided. These sessions are offered at no charge, the setting is informal.
For questions, additional information or to RSVP please call 617-544-7233, option 1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org